Armed with my lousy English skill (which is not my native tongue, by the way) and pure devotion, I decided to embark my journey in this field of blogging without shouldering the bag of other people's critical eyes. I created this blog to own a personal avenue where I can narrate my stories, share my obsessions, rant about my boring world, rave about my dreams and ruminate about my life. Not minding what other people might say, think or throw to me. I just want to have my own space where I can be free to express myself. No pretensions. No worries. Just me and the things I fancy in life.
It's hard when your lips want to utter a word but no one around you has the suitable pair of ears to listen to your thoughts. In one year of practicing the art of blogging, I'm thankful that instead of raised-eyebrows, my readers render me their nods of appreciation.
Keeping the craziness within makes me implode. In fact, I always implode. Shouting without creating a sound, squealing while wearing a stone-face in front of a crowd, jumping without moving, gushing without smiling ; This is me everytime I have no choice but to hold back the inner fangirl in me. So this blog is more than just a corner. This is my baby, my public diary, my virtual buddy, the bridge that connects me to different people around the globe whom I share the same passion and obsession with.
SO WHY PURPLELEE?
-> PURPLELEE stands for the girl who loves PURPLE and LEE SEUNG GI. This is my PERSONAL CORNER where no one can invade :)
o.O FAST FACTS O.o
Age : 19 years old
Birthdate : September 11, 1992
Birthdate : September 11, 1992
Hometown : Meycauayan, Bulacan, Philippines
Current City : Denver, Colorado, U.S.A
Languages : Filipino, English, Basic Korean
Email-add : email@example.com
Boyfriend : LEE SEUNG GI ♥
- Watching dramas, movies and animes.
- Reading novels, manga, recaps and reviews.
- Spazzing about dramaland.
- Blogging and ruminating.
- Day-dreaming about my future love tale.
- Eating ramen noodles during midnight.
- Collecting dvds, books and posters.
- Studying Korean language.
- Stalking LEE SEUNG GI.
3 things I firmly believe in : God, After-life & Karma
In 3 words, I am : OPTIMISTIC, INTROVERT & OPINIONATED/ "girl behind purple"
o.O T.R.I.V.I.A.L FACTS ABOUT ME O.o
1. I AM 25% COUCH POTATO, 25% BOOKWORM, 25% DREAMER and 25% WRITER. I'd rather stay at home and do my own thing than hang out in mall. But don't get the wrong idea ; I am not anti-social, I do have a long list of friends . . Believe me! Hihi =) I just don't like partying especially being intoxicated.
2. I don't like stuff toy or teddy bear as a gift, but I can still appreciate/consider it if it's a life-sized one. I'm a practical person and I believe that buying teddy bear is a waste of money because it's not useful at all. You can hug or display it but that's it!
3. One of the weirdest things about me is my phobia. I have this strange and rare ailurophobia (fear-of-cats), so if you want to see me cry, scream or run, throw me a cat and I will forever loathe you! Even a picture scares me to death. Haha :p Hello Kitty is the only one I can endure. (Now you know my Achilles heel.)
4. I am a suspense/thriller junkie. Anything that has a "survival-of-the-fittest" concept enchants and excites me. That's why I love WAR/ACTION movies because they keep my energy and pulse on the rise. Give me guns, weapons, explosive materials, gory fight scenes, high-budget effects, jaw-dropping shots, finest martial art routines and well-acted actors if you want to completely reel me in.
6. Speaking of horror movies, for me, NATRE is the scariest creature ever! If you don't know her, watch the movie, Shutter : Thai version and you'll know why. She's freaking scary and creepy! I hate seeing her!
9. Aside from being a T.V addict and movie goer, I also love reading books, especially fiction novels and inspirational ones. Rick Warren, Nicholas Sparks, Paulo Coelho, Suzanne Collins & Emily Giffin are my favorite authors.
11. I LOVE KOREAN MUSIC, DRAMAS, MOVIES & ACTORS BUT I'M NOT KOREAN :) I love anything Korean whether it's the language, culture, history, people, or cuisine. My ultimate dream is to travel to South Korea and stay there for two months so that I can really explore this beautiful country.
12. I have a huge crush on ROBI DOMINGO (Filipino celebrity) for more than four long years. It was love at first sight actually! (Hihi ^^ *squeals*) He is my dream guy and meeting him in person is one of the best events that happened to me.
13. Meteor Garden started everything! It was my first love! The first ever Asian drama that got me hooked. No other Asian series can compare how much emotion I invested for this drama. First love never dies and so does my eternal love for Meteor Garden.
15. I am a BIG FAN of the famous 70's duo, THE CARPENTERS. I know almost all their songs. Everytime my relatives ask me to sing, I would always pick a Carpenters' song.
In a nutshell, I am just a PLAIN/BORING PERSON. I always stay in my comfort-zone. But hopefully, I can go out of my shell someday and explore the world behind my computer (ehem), I mean wall. ^^
o.O MY FAVORITE QUOTATION O.o
"Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day, you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. the other four balls- FAMILY, HEALTH, FRIENDS & INTEGRITY ; are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. Once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginning of balance in your life."
- SUZANNE'S DIARY FOR NICHOLAS