Thursday, April 12, 2012

PurpleLee Turns One : An Anniversary Post

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, PURPLELEE! ^^

It feels surreal and overwhelming at the same time when the outcome of your effort surmounts your expectation. To reach this momentous event of celebrating my blog's first anniversary weighs greatly in my life as a fangirl, who only shares her guiltless obsession in the cyber world. Never did I imagine that there will be thousands of people who will actually bother to lurk around my public diary of entertainment. As I commemorate the first birthday of my baby blog this month, I am so ecstatic to share that I already accomplished 230,000+ blog views and 41 followers in just a year of constant blabbering in the blogoshepre. And this is because of you! Yes! You! Thanks to you who always drop by to my corner. You don't have any idea how much thrill and pleasure those hits in the blog view meter gave to me.

MY. LIFE. IS. EXCITING! BELIEVE ME! IT REALLY IS! :p

Armed with my lousy English skill (which is not my native tongue, by the way) and pure devotion, I decided to embark my journey in this field of blogging without shouldering the bag of other people's critical eyes. I created this blog to own a personal avenue where I can narrate my stories, share my obsessions, rant about my boring world, rave about my dreams and ruminate about my life. Not minding what other people might say, think or throw to me. I just want to have my own space where I can be free to express myself. No pretensions. No worries. Just me and the things I fancy in life. It's hard when your lips want to utter a word but no one around you has the suitable pair of ears to listen to your thoughts. I have my best buddy to talk to but we strangely don't share the same interests. (So how come we're the best of friends? Even I wonder. Hehe..) In one year of practicing the art of blogging, I'm thankful that instead of raised-eyebrows, my readers render me their nods of appreciation. 

Keeping the craziness within makes me implode. In fact, I always implode. Shouting without creating a sound, squealing while wearing a stone-face in front of a crowd, jumping without moving, gushing without smiling ; This is me everytime I have no choice but to hold back the inner fangirl in me. So this blog is more than just a corner for me. This is my baby, my public diary, my virtual buddy, the bridge that connects me to different people around the globe whom I share the same passion and obsession with.

More than anything, the friends that I gained while enjoying my stay in dramaland are the priceless prizes that I won. We may not originate from the same homeland, speak the same first language, share the same color, age, personality, status and educational background but one thing only matters to us. It is the ardent love we have for the Asian entertainment. The aspect of life that binds our hearts together no matter where in the world we live. Just like what my good friend May did on her blog's first birthday, I want to take this opportunity to pay tribute to these special individuals I've come to know. They are the ones who magnanimously share their selves and time spazzing with me. Without further ado, here they are :

MARIYAM - My lovely unnie! Thank you so much for the strong friendship we have even if we haven't even met personally. I'm happy that our close attachment with each other goes beyond dramaland. We engage into conversations not limited about dramas, movies, kpop and actors. We talk about life, love and more intimate things that concern our selves. We're like sisters, not by blood but by heart. Those webcam chats we did together were really fun! See you on our trip to Korea! *fingerscross* We should really make it happen! Wait for me unnie, I'll work my ass off just to save money. Hihi ^^

MYRIS - I never regret shifting my course and transferring from UST to FEU because I met someone like you. Having you as my close friend shortened my adjustment stage when I changed university. Thank you for the warm welcome and the solid bond we built! It was strange that we clicked together the first time we met but now I think it's fate, knowing you and sharing the same drama love. You're the one that inspired me to collect dvds. Without you, I would never be aware of such an immaculate place known as Quaipo. Hehe . . I miss you, my dear friend!

KARLE - Thanks to facebook, I met a girl as witty and cheery as Ate Karle. You're the first person who actually encouraged me to voice out my love for Korean entertainment. Making me an admin in your well-loved Korean fanpage opened a lot of doors for me. Through your page, I got to know a lot of wonderful  friends. (Shout out to enthusiastic Keyra, friendly Eddyna and lovable Linda) Thank you so much my chingu-deul!

MAY - The awesome owner of the admirable Talking Cupboard. You know what, it's also been a year already when I first came across your blog.  It was during my 49 Days addiction, I was searching for some good reads about this drama when I landed to your paradise (I owe it to the Hottie Scheduler!) and ever since, I became a fervent lurker of yours. Knowing that we're both students but you can still manage to steal some time-off studying to talk about dramaland, inspires me to make my own blog. Thank you May for being such a wonderful friend. I enjoy every spazzing I did with you!

Last but definitely not the least  . . .

LESLIE - The smart and dignified front runner of the MIN-MIN shippers. Visiting your Min-Min Couple Haven can instantly brightens up my day. You don't know how much your posts can make me giddy all day. The effort, dedication and love you have for the couple is mind-blowing but not to the extent that you result to bashing when things don't go your way. I really admire you for keeping your cool and collected self every time trolls launch profanity against Minyoungie. You're such an inspiration of how fans should act no matter how much they worship their idol. Your witty remarks and sarcastic opinions are worth reading! If not for you and your blog, I don't know how my life as a MIN-MIN shipper will turn out. I'm grateful to you Miss Leslie Lei!

***

IT'S ME, PURPLELEE!
It's true that I have to give up a lot of peaceful slumber time in dreamland in exchange of marathons in dramaland. It's true that I have to sacrifice my social life in the real world to keep my blog alive and active in the cyber world. It's also true that keeping myself busy as an enthusiastic fangirl means missing out the opportunity to experience other things outside my computer. But no one can argue that this kind of lifestyle gives me a sense of euphoria and acceptance from those amazing people I met along the way.

Before I never thought that the power of words can be this energizing and fulfilling. A single comment from my reader can instantly make my day no matter how physically or emotionally worn out I feel. They're like multivitamins that keep me from getting sick. Their sincere words are enough to put a glowing smile on my face.

To all my lurkers out there, a millions thanks to all of you. I'll try to keep this blog alive and kicking despite of the overwhelming life I have right now. So please bear with me! ^^ Let us be together in this walk until I meet my other half who will distract me from everything. Hihi =) Nah. Don't worry, I'll stick with this forever!

16 comments:

  1. Happy one year anniversary!!!
    I've been a lurker here for a while. I came across your blog when I needed to know more about MinMin and ended up as an obsessive fan of MinMin,01st OTP couple I've ever worshipped. Your blog and Leslei's are amazing. Keep up your good work!!Is that you in the pic above??? You're a beautiful girl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Aww! Thank you so much for the greeting and for calling me beautiful. Hihi :D *BLUSH* So you're a MIN-MIN shipper too? Yay! That's awesome. We're the best shippers in the world! I love the couple to death so expect more updates about this bubbly pair. FIGHTING MINMIN!!! ^^

      Delete
  2. awwwwwwww ;_______________; I'm smiling with tears as I'm reading this..we're after all similar at some points. congrats on your blog's first anniversary! keep writing and stay smiling! I really love reading your posts because you're better in writing than me. hihi. my English is not that good ^^; good luck for your life and your blogging life~ ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooooooooooo much my dear May!!! ^_^ I'm really happy that we became friends. You're my inspiration in blogging! By the way, you're not good in English? Hmmm . . . I doubt that! Yeah, you're not good cause' you're great on it! Hehe :D I wish you the same too! Have a blissful life both as a student and blogger! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy one year! You're so awesome and cute. I should comment more often when I read your stuff. It always brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello MsDeeno!!! :D Yay! Thank you for the compliment. Your words always make me happy inside. I love your blog especially the mini-reviews! Keep on rocking! :D

      Delete
  4. he!!! go girl, congrats!!! always supporting you.
    geweldig!!!! in dutch means fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DANK JE!!! Hehe :) Thanks a bunch for supporting my baby blog. Please keep on doing so. If you want to know anything, just hit me with a comment =)

      Delete
  5. congrats and happy bday purplelee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Commenters like you are awesome! :D Please keep on visiting my blog. ^^

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much dear! happy anniversary...thanks so much for supporting my blog its wonderful to know that amidst the trolls visiting me randomly/there's a person like yourself who strongly support MinMin even w/ the adversities! fighting and good luck to your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is always mine Leslie. In all honesty, I love your blog as much I love my corner. Hihi :D That's a place where I can forget all my worries. Don't mind those trolls! We're all in this together. ^^ Just spread the MIN-MIN love and we're here to back you up. =)

      Delete
  7. HEYA!! first things first, many many congratulations for 1st anniversary of your lovely blog ( thoughtsbehidthecolor)of which I'm an avid follower !! Seriously I love purpleleecorner more than my blog hahaha ...

    I'm overwhelmed wanah with your comment, thank you so much for all the love and time u have spend with me, its all ma pleasure to have met a lovely person like you !! Believe me you are like my inspiration ! i LEARN a lot from you though you are younger to me but there are many things you have taught me directly/indirectly ...


    WELL well welll that's my dream to go on a triP to SOUTH KOREA once atleast in my lifetime!!
    well I'am looking forward to it I hope we plan it some day n juz pack our bags n fly to THE dreamland of our beloved biases...
    INSHALLAH WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN ♥ DONGSAENG ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *JEONGMAL KAMSAHAMNIDA UNNIE!!!*

      Words are enough to express how much grateful and happy I am for having you as my friend and unnie. ^^ Let's keep our friendship forever, shall we? ^^ This is a cliche but still I want you to know that I'm here for you!

      I am so looking forward to our trip to Korea! :D I'm sure it will happen soon. ^^ Loveyah unnie! Mwuah!

      Delete
  8. FRIENDS FOREVER YAKSEOK!! SARANGHAE WANAH ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy First Anniversary!!! We've only stumbled on your blog recently but we love all your posts and the heart and effort that you put into all of them! Keep up the good work you gorgeous girl! And omg we just saw that you love the hunger games too?!! We're both suffering from withdrawal symptoms after finishing all the books :P

    ReplyDelete

LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...